What to Expect for the Class (May 10th)
- Dinner will be provided for you, your 4 guests, & any kids. This evening is meant to be a meaningful moment for you & your immediate family. You will be able to invite any family & friends to the Celebration on Sun., May 13th.
- There will be a photographer at the church starting at 5:30 p.m. to take family pictures. The photographer will also stay after 7:30 p.m. to finish taking pictures.
- There is no cost to participate in the Child Dedication Class.
- Don't forget to watch the short video here & do the homework before May 10th. Bring the "homework" (the letter to your child) with you to the Class on the 10th. There will be a moment for you to share your letter with your family.
- *Childcare will be provided for any kids so that you aren't distracted. :)
- *The event will be over by 7:30 p.m. The production will include a giveaway, music, dinner, and a short message. During this time, you will have an opportunity to share your homework. You will also be led in a prayer of dedication before being dismissed.
- This is not an infant baptism. We believe that a child must be old enough to understand what it means to put their faith in Jesus Christ before they can be baptized. This event is an opportunity for you as parents to publicly declare that you want to raise your child to develop their own relationship with Jesus Christ.
- This is not the moment when you will stand in front of everyone to let them know of your decision as parents. That moment will happen on May 13th. You can dress casually or get dressed up for your family picture. It's up to you.